Friday, May 29, 2009

LOVING IT!!!

Ok, so when I first got here I was freaking out a little bit, honestly I think that because I found out on such short notice I didn't really have time to process what I was actually doing. But now I am absolutely loving it! I found a place to live, which was seriously a miracle the way it all worked out. (I will tell the story next time I blog and hopefully include pictures.) In short I am renting the third floor of a house that belongs to an AWESOME lady she is a photography professor at the University of the Arts here in Philly. (Once again I will include more later) I started my internship which is actually what I was least nervous about. The first day I felt a little lost, there was SO many things I had no clue about, there were so many acronyms in every sentence that anyone spoke that it seemed like I was in a foreign country. I have settled in more since then and I am slowly learning the acronyms. I am absolutly loving in though, I thought that 9-5 would be so long but the days fly by. I do something a little different each day. I have done sales forcasts, Sell through calculations, helped pick out colors, sent and recieved samples, gone to fittings, modeled samples, helped catch the rain inside because it was a waterfall of rain outside, I have met the co-presidents of the company, done competitive shopping, put together picture packs, web exclusive boards etc. The building I work in is amaising It is on the old navy yard and I think that it is an old factory and I have my own little desk (pictures later!) the cafeteria building is fantastic, there is a work out area that I am free to use, and the food is SOOO good I can there are about 6 different stations where you can get anything from sushi (made right in front of you) to pizza, to salad, to a hamburger. I am loveing my life here and I am so excited to explore a bit of the city tomorrow. I would post pictures but I don't actually have internet yet, I stayed after work to use the internet here. I feel so at home here in Philadelphia and I am loving it, hopefully I will figure out my internet situation soon! Love and miss you all
xo
Rach

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so happy to hear you are loving it so far! Keep killing it in fashion world like you always have :) Love you!!!

Caroline said...

Sounds amazing little sis. Call me when you have a little piece of time, I would love to talk. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Rach, you are in Phily! What? This is awesome! I hope your transition continues smoothly. I'm excited to read the rest about the beginning of your adventure....
until then

Kat said...

You sounded so good on Saturday. Glad things are going great. Fingers crossed for it to turn into a job in the fall. Miss you tons!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0