Saturday, October 3, 2009

On my way to New York!

Ok so I am taking the Bolt bus up to New York, I am meeting up with my brother Ben and his wife Steph and I am so excited! I havn't seen them since the begining of the summer and haven't really gotten to talk to them because they have been in France all summer. I am so excited to have some family time!

Anyway since I will be on a bus for the next 2hrs I thought that this would be a good time to give a little update, so here goes.... First of all I found an apartment, it is in such a cute neighborhood and it is a really cute two bedroom, that I will be sharing with a roomate (also named Rachel, seems like I am always destined to live with other Rachels!) So I was supposed to move in on Thursday. I went and signed the lease during lunch and had packed up my car that morning, but when I was signing my lease they told me that they were planning on painting it and refinishing the floors starting the next day, they said that they didn't have to do it, but I figured that I could wait a couple of days for new paint and refinished floors. So I currently have all of my worldly possesions packed up in my car and I have been couch hopping around between various friends houses. So it has been a funny couple of days, I have a new found empathy for homeless people, and I am so ready to just have a place to call home! Only three more days!!!

I am still loving work, I work alot more hours than I did while I was interning, but it has been great. This week was crazy insane busy, I think it is funny because when I usually think of someone busy at work I think of papers pileing up, but for me clothing starts pileing up all around me! I am starting to make friends at work which is really fun, and I am making better friends with lots of people in my ward as well. I feel really content here and with my life in general right now.

Well that is the quick update on my life, I will post again when I am settled into my new place. Once I am settled and have Internet I will post a bunch of pictures from the summer! Love and miss you all!

Rach


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Kat said...

How was New York? Totally jealous on my part. Glad you found a place. Post pictures! Miss you tons and so glad you're loving it.

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

Ha ha ha - look who I found!!! Sounds creepy - soory. I'm just so excited to get an update on your exciting life. I hope the move goes well and you love your job!

Live it up in the big apple for me!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0